Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, Universal Orlando, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
This week’s theme park highlights:
- Happy Easter from the Frog Family! We hope wherever you are you will be enjoying the holiday with family and friends. If you are at Disney World, make sure to stop by and see the Easter bunny, who has been meeting with guests all this week at Town Square in Magic Kingdom Park and will continue to do so through April 20. We’ve got big plans ourselves to go hop-hop-hopping around the froggy trail in search of eggs!
- Those of you looking for a family movie to enjoy this holiday weekend can see Disneynature documentary “Bears,” which opens today.
- Maleficient is set to open in theaters May 30, but those of you heading to Disney’s Hollywood Studios can get a sneak peek of the Disney film starring Angelina Jolie starting today.
- Sushi lovers will be happy to note that Kona Cafe is now crafting sashimi and other specialties in the location of the former dessert show kitchen. Guests can still enjoy the Caterpillar or Lava Rolls from the upstairs Kona Island sushi bar if they wish.
- Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem! debuted to the West Coast at Universal Studios Hollywood this weekend. A whole new area, Super Silly Fun Land, opened along with it, including carnival games and a new aerial carousel ride, Silly Swirly.
- SeaWorld Orlando has announced the lineup for Viva La Musica, which runs Saturdays on April 26 through May 17. Up first is Venezuelan pop duo Chino y Nacho.
- We delved into the reasons why Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge is our new favorite deluxe resort. (Yes, Jungle Juice had something to do with it.:))
- Epcot unveiled its new After-Hours Wind Down event that gives guests a chance to eat and drink at La Cava del Tequila in Mexico, Tutto Gusto in Italy, Rose & Crown Pub in United Kingdom or Spice Road Table in Morocco from 9:20 to 11 p.m., after IllumiNaions.
That’s it for the theme park news this week. Have a great holiday weekend!
If you’re thinking about a trip to Disney World, make sure to check out the other news, tips and information we post to the blog throughout the week. If you’re ready to plan your trip, we recommend you start with our planning pages.