Home » Blog » News & Refurbishments » Exciting Updates for iPhone App (Home, Planner, and Disney Dining Pages)

Exciting Updates for iPhone App (Home, Planner, and Disney Dining Pages)

by FrogBlog on December 27, 2010 · 21 Comments · in News & Refurbishments

Hello Frog Friends! We have some exciting news to share with you regarding addtional updates and soon-to-be updates on our iPhone app for Disney World®!

Home Page View of App Update for the Home Page

• A redesigned home page to show opening hours and Extra Magic Hours.
  • Coming soon: An added  ”check in” feature where you can be the Top Submitter of accurate wait times and be named the “Undercover Tourist of the Day.” What do I get, you ask? The “Undercover Tourist of the Day” in each park wins a $20 gift certificate to be applied toward any order over $500 from UndercoverTourist.com (1 certificate per order). We’ll be keeping you updated on this via The Frog Blog, our Twitter page, and our Page within Facebook.

Update for the Planner Page

• You can now view opening hours, parade times, recommended parks and other special events up to 180 days in advance.
  • There is now an improved  ‘add to schedule’ feature so it remembers the last date you added something. This avoids you having to scroll forward months in advance each time an item is added!

Update for the Disney Dining Page

• ADR Slot (Advanced Dinner Reservation) now enables you to store your reservation numbers, dates and times, the number of people in your party, and also set an alert so you don’t miss it!

Remember: We fixed several wait time bugs and enhanced many existing features. Unfortunately, and for existing app users ONLY, in some upgrade sequences this causes the app to crash upon updating to the new version! For those affected, simply delete the app from your device and re-download it from the App Store to fix this problem.

21 Responses to “Exciting Updates for iPhone App (Home, Planner, and Disney Dining Pages)”

1. Ron says:

Ever since you rolled out the new version of the app, I can’t get it to work. I have an iPod touch running IOS 4.2 and it doesn’t show any wait times when I go to the parks pages. The new version looks great, but doesn’t seem to work, at least not for me. Is there a fix coming soon for this?

Hi Ron. Thanks for your note. Please delete & reinstall the app. Apologies for this; when we added major improvements to the app features, it had a glitch. Let us know if this helps. -Leap

2. Don says:

Is there some sort of user’s guide for the app? I just bought it, and it looks great, but I want to make sure I’m using it to its full potential. Thanks!

3. pj says:

are you looking to add the times for the shows at hollywood studios? love the app and the fact that you are adding more places to individualize data.

Yes, we have a major overhaul of our apps planned to add much more information including a more comprehensive list of show times.

4. Wendy Carr says:

I am going to WDW in April and just downloaded the free version. I love it! I have watched videos and follow your blog. Great information and I’m pretty excited thanks to you. I have one question though. What does the upgraded version of the app have that I don’t already have?

Simply the lack of ads. We wanted people to have the full featured experience for free, so we offered a way for supporters to upgrade for a little more but to gain a little extra screen space due to lack of ads.

5. FrogBlog says:

We are working on a user guide. We are currently overhauling all of our apps and working on some exciting new ones to :)

6. cm says:

I saw these new features on the iPod. Would love to see them on the droid phones as well. What’s the outlook when that will happen?

7. Craig says:

What is the significance of the colors on the app?

Hi Craig,
      The Traffic Light System on the app helps you choose the best park and ride with the lowest crowds. So, the colors represent the crowd level: Green = low; Yellow = medium; Red = high. I hope this answers your question. -Leap

8. Julietannah says:

Can I add things to the schedule some how (like Tom Sawyer’s Island) that aren’t listed in the Activities?

9. FrogBlog says:

Yes! Simply go to settings, turn on the rides ‘without wait times’, view the ride in question and add to schedule :) – Leap

10. Dina says:

When will the droid app have all of these cool features? We go next week and I would love to be able to use all of the info that you have for the iPhone.

Dina – We are working towards feature parity on both platforms (and releasing some new exciting apps), but we do not have a date for completion at this time. The Android app currently does include maps, restaurants and of course wait times. Thanks for the note. -Leap

11. Mark says:

Is it possible to add a “Compass” feature to the app? I just returned from 6 days at WDW and used the app’s park maps extensively. The “Display My Location” helped me find the shortest route to the next ride, restaurant or restroom, but occasionally I started walking in the wrong direction.

Hi Mark, That’s actually a really great idea! We’ll absolutely be keeping this in mind. Thanks for the comment. We’re glad the “Display My Location” helped. -Leap

12. Grover says:

Really love the WDW app, thanks for all the effort you’ve put into it. Lots of great features at an entirely reasonable price. But if you’re taking suggestions :-D a universal app (no pun intended) that makes use of the iPad’s larger screen would be a godsend. Being able to see a map of the park on the iPad’s bigger screen would make the paper maps almost entirely unnecessary.

Thanks again for helping us make our vacations great!

Thanks for your suggestions, Grover! It always helps us make the best app we can. We’ll be sure to update our blog, Facebook and Twitter community with future app changes. Glad you enjoyed it on your vacation! -Leap

13. David says:

Any way to add other activities that are neither rides without wait times nor dining reservations to the schedule such as Dive Quest or Behind the Seeds or the Candlelight Processional?

Hi David- At this point the app doesn’t have that sort of functionality, but it is something we plan on adding in the future. We’ll be sure to put updates on our Facebook page and Twitter page to keep people informed if we make that change. Thanks for the question. -Leap