Debating whether to stick to one park per day or hop between parks? Here’s a list of considerations before your make your decision…
Magic Your Way (MYW)
A MYW ticket allows you to visit one of the four main parks (Magic Kingdom® Park, Epcot®, Disney’s Hollywood Studios® or Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park) for each day on your ticket. You can leave and return to the same park, but you cannot “hop” to a second park on the same day.
MYW is a good choice if:
- You have young children: One park per day is usually plenty for small children. If you leave and come back to the same park, they usually enjoy the familiarity of it more than starting over at a different park.
- It’s your first time: If it’s your first visit, you’ll have enough to do staying in one park the entire day without the added stress of visiting a second park.
- You are incorporating other activities into your vacation: If you have nighttime activities planned like Arabian Nights, Blue Man Group or Cirque du Soleil, one park per day might be enough.
- You want to save the most money possible: MYW tickets are cheaper than Park Hopper tickets, so if your main goal is to spend the least amount of money possible, go with the MYW.
- You are visiting during the busy holiday season: Navigating between parks during busy seasons eats up a lot of valuable time. In addition, if a park reaches capacity and you leave that park, you will not be able to re-enter.
A Park Hopper ticket allows you to hop between parks for the number of days on your ticket.
Park Hopper is a good choice if…
- It’s an adult-only trip or you’re traveling with teenagers: Grown-ups and big kids can move through the parks much faster than families with small children without getting too exhausted. And we all know teenagers can change their minds on a dime.
- You have visited Disney before: If you’re a Disney regular, you know which attractions you want to see in each park and then hop to the next.
- You want to watch a nighttime parade or fireworks show every night: If you have a Park Hopper ticket, you can go to whichever park has the nighttime parade or fireworks show you want to watch no matter which park you were at during the day. For instance, if you spent your day at Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park and you didn’t have a Park Hopper ticket, you won’t have a fireworks show to attend that night.
- You are visiting during a less busy time of year: When the crowds are low, you can move through the parks much faster so park hopping makes more sense.
- You don’t want to commit to just one park per day: Let’s say you begin your day at Magic Kingdom® Park. You may stay all day, but you may decide you want to head over to Epcot® for IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth that night. A Park Hopper ticket provides the most flexibility for the more indecisive among us.
We hope this helps make your decision! Happy traveling.