LEGOLAND Florida is a 150-acre family theme park located in Winter Haven and offers more than 50 rides, shows and attractions geared for families with children ages 2 – 12 and ultimate LEGO fans. Here are a few park highlights The Frog Family is most excited about…
Miniland USA is the heart of LEGOLAND Florida. There are seven specially themed areas including:
• Florida – This area encompasses the entire state from Mallory Square in Key West to Bok Tower in Central Florida. (There are even antebellum mansions in the Panhandle.)
• California – California features landmarks from Southern California to San Francisco, with Pier 39, the Golden Gate Bridge and Greumann’s Chinese Theater.
• Washington, D.C. – This area has re-creations of the White House (complete with the First Family and the “First Dog”), the U.S. Capitol building, Smithsonian and Washington and Jefferson monuments.
This area of LEGOLAND Florida takes kids back to medieval times – LEGO-style. There are several great rides here including Royal Joust, where kids can ride LEGO-themed horses and encounter other riders in a pretend joust, Merlin’s Train, a mysterious wooden train ride, and The Dragon, an indoor/outdoor steel roller coaster that gives riders a hilarious, behind-the-scenes view of life within the enchanted LEGOLAND Castle.
From Rescue City, where families compete with each other in fire and police vehicles to put out a simulated fire, to Ford Driving School, where kids ages 6-13 can have a “real-life” driving experience and receive their official LEGOLAND driver’s license, LEGO City is a great place for youngsters to be “grown-ups” for a little while in a scaled-down town created just for them. Frog Family Favorite? It’s definitely Flying School, a suspended steel coaster where we can experience the thrill of flight.
And that’s not all! Other must-do’s at LEGOLAND Florida are:
• LEGO Technic – The most extreme of the park’s zones with LEGO Technic Test Track, AQUAZONE Wave Racers and Technicycle.
• Imagination Zone – Emphasizing exploring and creation, while showcasing seven of the most exciting LEGO models in the world, including a replica of Albert Einstein’s head.
• Land of Adventure – Take a ride on Coastersaurus, a wooden roller coaster that dips in and around a prehistoric jungle of life-sized LEGO dinosaurs, or go on Safari Trek where you can explore the wilds of Africa with life-like LEGO animals.
Directions to LEGOLAND Florida
LEGOLAND Florida is located at One Legoland Way, Winter Haven, Florida just 45 minutes from the major Orlando theme parks and attractions.
From Orlando, take I-4 WEST to exit 55 (US Hwy 27 South). Turn right off U.S. Highway 27 at State Road 540/Cypress Gardens Boulevard. Park is four miles on the left.