We love tips and suggestions too, so if you have something to share, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Walt Disney World is paring back its evening Extra Magic Hours — reducing the popular perk that gives resort guests additional time in the parks — from up to three hours to up to two hours. There is little in the way officially from Disney on its motive for the change, which has led to widespread speculation across the web. It looks like the change takes effect January 2013. Check Leap’s Crowd Calendar for Extra Magic Hours schedules and park operating hours.
Because of its ability to affect overall park crowd levels, the Extra Magic Hours has perhaps as many detractors as it does fans. Here are our guidelines for when to use it and when to avoid it.
- Hitting the parks, but still hoping to catch the Summer Games? Here’s where to watch at Walt Disney World.
- Dad’s Guide to WDW answers the question, “Does the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom game still exist?” The answer is yes. In fact, Disney is introducing a new trading card game in August that is based on the popular interactive, role-playing game at the Magic Kingdom. By the way, Tad and Lily played the game in the park back in March and loved the trading cards especially. Here is Tad’s review.
- Alice Cooper is getting in on Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Orlando along with Silent Hill and the Walking Dead. By the way, here’s where you can get tickets.
- In addition to stars John C. Reilly, Jack McBrayer, Sarah Silverman and Jane Lynch, “Wreck-It Ralph” has amassed a ton of voice talent — Ed O’Neill, Horatio Sanz and Adam Carrolla just to name a few.
- The New York Times took Cars Land at Disney California Adventure for a test drive. It was a win at the Radiator Springs Racers (by a technicality).
- If you’re planning a holiday trip to Disney, the schedule of holiday events has been released, including details on Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, the Candlelight Processional and the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights.
- Are those Walt Disney World Resort refillable mugs worth the money? The Disney Food Blog breaks it down. As with so many things Disney, it depends.
- In “awwww” news, a rescued manatee gave birth at SeaWorld Orlando. Mama and baby are doing fine. Both are expected to be released back into the Atlantic.
- Disney’s Magical Express ridership has dipped for the first half of this year, largely because of an abysmal May, the Orlando Sentinel reports.
- Will the Minions get their own movie in 2014? (The Frog Family hopes so.)
That’s it for this week’s roundup. Until next Friday, happy planning!