It’s time for the Frog Family’s weekly roundup of Disney and Orlando theme park tidbits from the interwebs.
We love comments! Drop us a line below if you have something to share.
This week’s highlights:
- For those of you who haven’t been tuned in to every single detail of the new Fantasyland (unlike Mommy Frog), the folks over at Disney have created a new website devoted to telling its story in full. While there is limited information on the site now, you can learn how to be part of the story, ostensibly by giving your email address. Mommy Frog did.
- We were also given a peek at the exterior view of the new Fantasyland attraction Under the Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid. Lily approves.
- Speaking of Mermaids … a very cryptic post appeared on the Disney Parks Blog about Pirates of the Caribbean. Something from the most recent of the films, “Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides,” is going to be added to the ride at Disney World. Any guesses?
- Lily was very excited to learn that Tinkerbell has a newly discovered sister named Periwinkle. She was even more excited to hear that she will be making an appearance alongside Tink at the Magic Nook inside the Magic Kingdom this holiday season.
- Orlando Informer gives us a look at SeaWorld’s Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin, which promises to transport guests to the bottom of the world to explore the icy continent. The combination ride-exhibit will feature a number of penguin breeds.
- Tad showed us video from the “Boo-to-You” Parade at Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party.
- Old Town in Kissimmee is hosting “an Old Town Halloween” on select nights, for those of you who may be looking for free and frightening Halloween fun.
- LEGOLAND has created a guide for parents on managing a child’s first coaster ride, which you might find helpful. As a parent, I know that each child is different, and I try to respect those differences. Believe it or not, Tad was actually more intimidated by roller coasters when he was younger than Lily, who gets very upset that she isn’t tall enough to ride everything that her big brother can.
- Pyq, pronounced “pick,” a new toy and gift store has opened at Universal CityWalk.
- Space Shuttle Endeavor made a “ferry flight” this week atop a Boeing 747 that included several notable flyovers, including one at Magic Kingdom! It heads to LA today.
That’s all for this week. Until next week, happy planning!