It’s time for the Frog Family’s weekly roundup of Disney and Orlando theme park tidbits from the interwebs.
We love comments! Drop us a line below if you have something to share.
This week’s highlights:
- The Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival starts today, and Disney has given us a look at the gift cards you can use to “taste your way around the world.” As Theme Park Foodie mentioned in her tips for enjoying the festival, the gift card comes on a spiral bracelet so that you don’t have to pull out your wallet. The other benefit of the gift card is you can set your spending limit at the outset so you don’t blow your budget.
- There was Texas-sized fanfare surrounding the Disney Magic’s arrival in Galveston. Not to be outdone by the Lone Star State, the ship itself boasted a 19 foot tall-by-14 foot wide cowboy hat.
- To coincide with the nationwide opening of “Wreck-It Ralph,” the characters are coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios® in November.
- Despite a downpour on opening night, Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios drew a crowd of die-hard fans. While we weren’t there for the opener, Mommy Frog and I made it Thursday night, and Mommy Frog was brave enough to snap this photo of one of the street haunters!
- Liam Payne of One Direction got up close and personal with Shamu at a recent trip to SeaWorld
- Did you know you can trade your mini-figs at LEGOLAND? You can request a trade with any Model Citizen wearing a minifigure on their name tag in the parks.
- Perhaps you’ve been wondering when you can see the snow on Magic Kingdom® Park’s Main Street, U.S.A.® If so, Dad’s Guide to Walt Disney World has your answer.
- Tad cannot wait to check out the Test Track® Presented by Chevrolet SimCar while he’s in Epcot®. It’s on display while the ride undergoes “reimagineering.”
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad® Attraction at Magic Kingdom® Park is getting an immersive queue, following similar experiences at The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, the Haunted Mansion® Attraction and Dumbo the Flying Elephant®.
- The first track has been laid for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train attraction in the New Fantasyland™.
That’s all for this week. Until next week, happy planning!