It’s time for the Frog Family’s weekly roundup of Disney and Orlando theme park tidbits from the interwebs.
We love comments! Drop us a line below if you have something to share.
This week’s highlights:
- Up until now, Mommy Frog has been strangely aloof when it comes to Vinylmation despite her hoarding — ahem, collecting — ways. But then she saw this limited-edition Nemo that will be available November 16, and she has now declared it’s time to start her collection! This is good news for me because now I’ll know what to get her for Christmas.
- We’ve seen several tweets this morning mentioning the addition of mermaids to the Pirates of the Caribbean® Attraction ride, the most specific from @wdwnt. We’ll keep our eyes out for more details!
- For those of you planning a walk down the aisle, Disney unveiled two bridal collections for Alfred Angelo at Bridal Fashion Week. The Cinderella Diamond Collection, created in honor of the re-release of the animation classic, featured five blue-hued gowns.
- Disney is sprinkling extra magic on trips to Walt Disney World and Disneyland next year with weekly “Limited Time Magic” experiences such as the Dapper Dans belting out boy band hits, long lost characters staging meet and greets, and prix fixe menus for love birds.
- To announce the aforementioned “Limited Time Magic” promotion, Disney assembled a three-story ice castle in New York’s Time Square. Here’s how they did it.
- Disney cruises just snagged an awesome honor as the No. 1 cruise line in Condé Nast Traveler’s 2012 Readers’ Choice Awards.
- Ever see a penguin on an airplane? How about two? No? Well, now you can. SeaWorld’s Pete and Penny Penguin recently took a trip from San Diego to Denver as part of the SeaWorld Cares program. How is it that two penguins are better behaved on a plane than Tad and Lily?
- Dragon Boats will descend on Downtown Disney this weekend for the annual International Dragon Boat Festival. Admission is free for spectators.
- Ready for your Be Our Guest Restaurant goblet? The souvenir light-up, castle-themed glass comes filled with a fruit juice punch topped with lemon-lime foam or a lemonade topped with wildberry foam.
- Looking for the top 5 extreme eats at Universal Orlando? Look no further.
- In case you missed it, we’ve started our first-ever Pinterest giveaway. Mommy Frog loves Pinterest, and she would be so pleased if you shared your Best Orlando Family Vacation pinboard with us!
That’s all for this week. Until next week, happy planning!