It’s time for the Frog Family’s weekly roundup of Disney and Orlando theme park tidbits from the interwebs.
We love comments! Drop us a line below if you have something to share.
This week’s highlights:
- It’s finally here! Star Wars Miniland officially opens today at LEGOLAND Florida. See life-size models of Chewbacca, R2D2 and Darth Vader made out of bricks! A legion of Darth Vaders will be descending on LEGOLAND for the event, making this perhaps the most menacing opening ever!
- Annual fine arts festival Festival of the Masters takes over Downtown Disney this weekend with more than 150 artists. For the first time ever, an emerging masters area will include the works of 30 juried up-and-coming artists. While you might think this sounds like a grownup event, there are always plenty of fun events for Tad and Lily — and this year kids can create their own brick masterpieces alongside a LEGO master builder!
- Dublin painter and sculptor Graham Knuttel will return to Festival of the Masters to debut his sculpted wood and bronze “flock of sheep,” which will be installed at Raglan Road Irish Pub and Restaurant.
- Disney Parks has created an aptly named tumblr blog, The Looking Glass, just for showcasing the glorious photos from its esteemed photographers.
- Were you one of the lucky few who were registered to attend the Be Our Guest Restaurant Meetup on November 17? It includes a full meal at Be Our Guest Restaurant plus mini tours from Disney imagineers.
- The folks at Disney Food Blog have presented not one but two reviews of Be Our Guest Restaurant, the most recent from lunch and another from dinner. Mommy Frog is so jealous!
- Following last week’s Universal Orlando announcement, the Orlando Sentinel brought us a few more juicy bits of information about the Transformers 3D ride, coming the summer of 2013 .
- The pastry chefs at Disney’s Hollywood Studios® have created what Mommy Frog is calling “the most scrumpt-a-licious cupcakes ever” and they’re themed for the holidays. Yep, even Thanksgiving.
- Thinking of visiting SeaWorld during the holidays? Orlando Informer looks at all of the features and events planned during its Christmas Celebration, which starts Nov. 17.
- Did you know you can see all of Disney World, Universal Orlando and SeaWorld’s big events, like Christmas Celebration, on our crowd calendar? You know you’re a Disney World addict when you go check out the calendar even when you don’t have a trip planned. Don’t think you’re the only one — I am totally guilty of this!
That’s all for this week. Until next week, happy planning!