It’s time for the Frog Family’s weekly roundup of Disney and Orlando theme park tidbits from the interwebs.
We love comments! Drop us a line below if you have something to share.
This week’s highlights:
- As many of you know, Test Track® Presented by Chevrolet is set to officially re-open next week. While a soft opening for guests has not yet happened, employees have been given previews. Here are a few photos from the revamped ride.
- Rumors continue to swirl around Universal Orlando with all of its ongoing construction for Transformers: The Ride, its newest resort and other unnamed projects. All in all, it looks like a win for all of us park-goers.
- We talked a little bit yesterday about the wonderful Disney World resort decorations and Mommy Frog’s favorite gingerbread house in the look-ahead for December, and now we can see the making of the 17-foot-tall gingerbread holiday tree at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, which took a whopping 136 pounds of honey, 151 pounds of chocolate and 98 pounds of icing — not to mention eggs, sugar and flour! I get hungry just thinking about it.
- SeaWorld has launched its first free mobile game for the iPhone and iPad in which an adventuresome sea turtle journeys into the sea to find its friends. The game’s name, Turtle Trek, reflects SeaWorld Orlando’s newest attraction, which Tad reviewed (and loved) back in October.
- Not to toot our own horn too much, but the Frog Family has a game of our own — FrogJump — where you can help none other than ME save time and avoid delays in the theme park! Please let me know if you figure out how to get 3 stars on Level 24 — it’s horribly embarrassing, but I haven’t been able to do it.
- D23: The Official Disney Fan Club has announced a number of special events across the country for 2013 during its Fanniversary Celebration.
- It’s not too early to start thinking about Bands, Brews & BBQ, it’s never too early in my view, and SeaWorld has released some of its lineup for the February and March event.
- Agent P is expanding his mission in Epcot®, adding new elements to his adventure in United Kingdom, Mexico and Japan.
- commemorative merchandise marking New Fantasyland™‘s Dec. 6 grand opening. Mommy Frog has her eye on the limited-release Ariel iPhone cover.
- In case you need it, but we doubt you do, Disney has given us 10 reasons you’ll love New Fantasyland™.
That’s all for this week. Until next week, happy planning!