It’s time for the Frog Family’s weekly roundup of Disney and Orlando theme park tidbits from the interwebs.
We love comments! Drop us a line below if you have something to share.
This week’s highlights:
- Transformers fans, prepare for battle! After months of construction — and rampant rumors — Universal Orlando finally revealed Thursday evening that a Transformers 3D flight simulation attraction is coming to the theme park. The flight simulation attraction, scheduled to open summer 2013, is expected to be a near clone of the Tranformers rides at Universal’s theme parks in Singapore and Hollywood.
- Disney had its own big announcement this week, that it had purchased George Lucas’ Lucasfilm Ltd. for $4.05 billion with plans to release three more “Star Wars” films. While Mommy Frog isn’t that into it, as a “Star Wars” fan since childhood, I can’t help but be excited about the possibilities. Tad is hoping for a remake of “Indiana Jones.” Here’s some of what the Twitterverse had to say.
- Narrators for this year’s Candlelight Processional at Epcot have been finalized. As mentioned in yesterday’s post looking at the many Disney World events in November, Neil Patrick Harris is returning again this year and joins Geena Davis, Andy Garcia and a host of others.
- In “awwww” news, Busch Gardens is looking for help naming a new baby white rhino born on its Serengeti Plain last week.
- Universal’s Hard Rock hotel has announced Chris Barron, lead singer of the Spin Doctors, is set to play Nov. 9 at the Velvet Unplugged series.
- SeaWorld Orlando has raised ticket prices, matching one day prices with Disney and Universal. Did you know, if you buy from us you can save $19 off of adult gate prices?
- Disney has added seats for its popular Kitchen Memories lunches with celebrity chefs Art Smith and Buddy Valastro at Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- In more food news, Disney gave us an up-close look at the suits of armor lining the hall that guests ordering quick-service lunch will pass inside Be Our Guest Restaurant.
- The much-anticipated (especially in our household) “Wreck-It Ralph” finally hits theaters today. It’s trending at 82% on Rotten Tomato’s Tomatometer right now.
- Here’s a look at the “Wreck-It” merchandise available in stores, including a few items that can only be found in Disney Parks. Tad is already bugging Mommy Frog about getting him the T-shirt.
That’s all for this week. Until next week, happy planning!