It’s time for the Frog Family’s weekly roundup of Disney and Orlando theme park tidbits from the interwebs.
We love comments! Drop us a line below if you have something to share.
This week’s highlights:
- We’re getting closer and closer to the official re-opening of Test Track® Presented by Chevrolet on Dec. 6. To whet our appetites, Disney has unveiled details of the pre-show, where guests can design their own custom concept car that will then be put to the test against a SimCar.
- It’s Rumor Central over at Universal Orlando just a few weeks after the resort unveiled plans for a Transformers 3D ride. Now, there’s talk of adding perhaps Simpsons-themed dining in the spot of the former International Food & Film Festival restaurant. Maybe we’ll get a Krusty burger? There is also speculation about whether “Wicked” might be making its way to the resort. We shall see.
- SeaWorld Orlando unveiled the ride car for its coming spring attraction, Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin, at an attractions expo earlier this week. The first-of-its-kind vehicle will combine a mobile, moving simulator on a completely trackless ride system. Tad can hardly wait!
- Disney officially unveiled its new castle projection show “Celebrate the Magic” to guests earlier this week. The nightly show incorporates music, storytelling and special effects from classic Disney films as well as newer favorites, including “Brave,” “Wreck-It Ralph” and “Pirates of the Caribbean® Attraction.”
- Disney has unveiled the Mickey check on kids’ menus to help parents identify more nutritious choices in the parks. Mommy Frog and I are always trying to get Tad and Lily to eat healthy, so we’re giving it the frog seal of approval!
- Splitsville, the luxury bowling alley headed to Downtown Disney, is getting closer to its opening. Disney gave us an update on the construction and what’s to come.
- Java lovers, rejoice! The first Starbucks will be coming to Magic Kingdom® Park and Epcot® next year.
- For those of you in need of a spa day, Senses — A Disney Spa is getting ready to open Dec. 17 at Disney’s Grand Floridian. Mommy Frog, who thinks every day should be spa day, is itching to visit.
- In case you’ve forgotten (I bet not), New Fantasyland™, including Be Our Guest Restaurant, opens next week for all park guests.
- If you’re one of the lucky few (millions) who will be visiting the theme parks next week, we leave you with our Thanksgiving planning guide.
That’s all for this week. Until next week, happy planning!