It’s time for the Frog Family’s weekly roundup of Disney and Orlando theme park tidbits from the interwebs.
We love comments! Drop us a line below if you have something to share.
This week’s highlights:
- pomp and circumstance, and the celebrities on hand, Mommy Frog was most taken with Minnie’s royal outfit!
- Of course, Mommy Frog also loved that we got to see Beast and Belle’s search for the right castle with the help of HGTV’s “House Hunters International.”
- The mysterious dragon that Disney has alluded to in its recent viral campaign made an appearance over Cinderella’s Castle at Magic Kingdom® Park on Wednesday night. The video is quite spectacular, and Lily was not the only one in our household who was dazzled. But the big question remains, will it return?
- Over at Storybook Circus, there are some new friends to make in the form of circus clowns called the Giggle Gang. Despite their impressive pedigree — some are graduates of Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Clown College — we’ll be steering clear for now since Lily is still at that age where clowns frighten her.
- Amid all the hoopla, you might have missed our update on all the attractions, shops and restaurants in New Fantasyland™ and our tips!
- This week’s other big opening was devoted to Test Track, which has undergone re-imagineering. The attraction will allow guests to design their own custom cars and then take them on a test drive through the hills and switchbacks of the Test Track® Presented by Chevrolet circuit. If you’ve been able to ride, please share your experience!
- In case you missed it, our friend Dad over at Dad’s Guide to Walt Disney World guest blogged this week on the best time to visit the World. I won’t spoil it for you, but I will say there is more than one answer.
- Ashley at Disney Done Right reminded us all to stop and smell the flowers at the theme parks, and at Disney’s Hollywood Studios® in particular.
- And speaking of flowers, while the first day of winter is not yet upon us, we are already thinking about the 20th annual Epcot® International Flower & Garden Festival this spring. Mike and Sully are but two of the 100+ topiaries that will be making an appearance, and there will be “Radiator Springs” and Land of Oz-themed play areas for the kids.
- Some good news for Disney-lovin’ Netflix customers: The subscription Internet service has gained streaming rights for animated and live-action movies released in 2016. That’s a ways off, but older classics and new-to-video releases will be available in 2013.
That’s all for this week. Until next week, happy planning!