Disney & Parks News: Universal Finalizes Mardi Gras Lineup; Epcot’s Flower Festival to Feature Spiced Rum Dole Whip
It’s time for the Frog Family’s weekly roundup of Disney and Orlando theme park tidbits from the interwebs.
We love comments! Drop us a line below if you have something to share.
This week’s highlights:
- The final two performers have been announced for Universal’s Mardi Gras. Kool & the Gang and the All-American Rejects join this year’s decidedly strong lineup, pulling from a variety of genres. Check out all of the dates and performers here.
- More adventures await those headed to Adventureland in Magic Kingdom starting this spring with A Pirate’s Adventure: Treasures of the Seven Seas. In this interactive quest, guests will use a map and special talisman to help them complete pirate raids.
- Among the glorious flowers and topiaries, this year’s International Flower & Garden Festival at Epcot will feature a number of tasty offerings at its Garden Marketplaces, including a Dole Whip with Spiced Rum.
- While Taylor Swift is truly lovely in the Annie Leibovitz Disney Dream Portrait revealed this week, Mommy Frog was just a tad bit disappointed that it wasn’t Mandy Moore who had gotten the honor. To quote Mommy Frog, “She was the very embodiment of Rapunzel in ‘Tangled.’” It is true we do grow very attached to our favorite Disney characters.
- This week’s Limited Time Magic bringing back Long Lost Characters offered us a chance to reminisce. Guest blogger Liliane Opsomer shared a few cherished photos of her son with some of their “old Disney friends.”
- If you’re going to be at Walt Disney World during the Super Bowl and just can’t miss the game, Splitsville at Downtown Disney is hosting a “Super Bowling Party” that sounds like a lot of fun.
- I have to tell you, when I saw the photos from the Disney Wonder’s cruise from Miami to Key West, Nassau and Castaway Cay I was ready to book. The only thing missing was a Spiced Rum Dole Whip.
- Are the free Disney Dining Plan promotions dead? Guest blogger Dad’s Guide to WDW thinks so.
- SeaWorld is taking to the streets of America to let everyone know about the coming Antarctic attraction. As part of its “Epic Voyage,” it also debuted a SeaWorld Antarctica app that allows users to become “official explorers.” I couldn’t resist seeing how Mommy Frog would look in the parka. What do you think?
- The Orlando Sentinel is reporting that Disney is no longer selling “no expiration” tickets online, although they will still be available in park or by phone. The good news is you can still order them online from Undercover Tourist!
That’s all for this week. Until next week, happy planning!