It’s time for the Frog Family’s weekly roundup of Disney and Orlando theme park tidbits from the interwebs.
We love comments! Drop us a line below if you have something to share.
This week’s highlights:
- Epcot®’s famed steakhouse Le Cellier debuted a new “all-day menu.” The famed lobster mac ‘n’ cheese is now available to lunchtime patrons, although fans are mourning the loss of the much-raved-about burger.
- Behind the Thrills took a look at the new Les Halles Bakery that opened last week and features salads, sandwiches, pizzas and quiches in addition to my favorite meal — dessert.
- While we’ve got food on the brain (or perhaps it’s just me), we wanted to mention that Disney Food Blog did a post on how MyMagic+ would affect Disney dining. It touches quite a bit on FASTPASS+, which we discussed the pros and cons of earlier this week.
- Construction is progressing on a fourth on-site Universal Resort, scheduled to open in 2014. Cabana Bay Beach Resort will be the largest of the Universal resorts, with 1,800 rooms planned, including 900 family suites that would sleep up to six.
- Although the 3D ride won’t open until summer, eager Transformers fans can get their merchandise fix in Universal Studios now.
- Mother Nature sprinkled a whole lot of magic on Tokyo Disneyland this week, blanketing the park, including Cinderella Castle, in 4 inches of snow. Mommy Frog could not believe her eyes when I showed her the photos.
- It was a good week for Tad. He found out that the new “Disney Infinity” game is going to follow the “Skylanders” model and allow players to “transport” real-life figurines (of Disney characters) into the game. Set for release in June, the game will ship initially with characters from “Monsters University,” “Pirates of the Carribbean” and “The Incredibles.”
- Tad was also happy to hear that his favorite pirate, Captain Jack, will be back in action for a fifth installment of “Pirates of the Caribbean® Attraction,” with a release date of July 10, 2015.
That’s all for this week. Until next week, happy planning!