It’s time for the Frog Family’s weekly roundup of Disney and Orlando theme park tidbits from the interwebs.
We love comments! Drop us a line below if you have something to share.
This week’s highlights:
- This Saturday marks the first of many Mardi Gras celebrations to come at Universal Studios, with Lifehouse set for this first performance. Here is an overview of the event plus all of the scheduled musical guests.
- In case you were wondering, Mardi Gras at Universal is a family-friendly event. Behind the Thrills takes a look at the kid-friendly elements of this year’s Mardi Gras celebration.
- Not to be outdone, SeaWorld’s Bands, Brew & BBQ series kicks off this Saturday as well, with performances by Chris Young with Jerrod Niemann. Brew and barbecue starts being served at 11:30 a.m.
- You may recall, Mommy Frog recently got it in her head that I needed help with romantic Valentine’s ideas at Disney. Of course, you all know better and need look no further than this post for proof. Here’s a suggestion if you’re looking for a twist on the traditional Valentine’s gift: Give her the “Heart of Disney.” This lovely necklace by Petra Azar from Studio Petra Azar uses magnets instead of clasps. Petra herself will be at Tren-D in Downtown Disney on Feb. 9-10 to meet guests.
- For your little valentines, the Disney Floral & Gifts Department has created a special package between now and Feb. 15, which features a personalized card from Mickey or Minnie as well as a blank Valentine that can be colored and then delivered to your favorite mouse during meet-and-greets.
- I know we’ve already mentioned the Spiced Rum Dole Whip, but now the full menus have been revealed for the Garden Marketplaces coming to the Epcot® International Flower & Garden Festival that runs March 6-May 19.
- Ready to take your Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom® Park game to the next level? Imagineer Jonathan Ackley shares his insider tips for this interactive experience inside the park.
- Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco celebrated the Ravens win with a parade down Main Street, U.S.A.® (where else) the day after the big game.
- Want to celebrate your special day at Universal Orlando? Orlando Informer offers tips (Hint: It starts with getting the button).
- We were all very excited to get a look at Puck, the star of SeaWorld’s upcoming Antarctica attraction. This young gentoo penguin will help transport guests to the bottom of the world.
- Speaking of Antarctica, it’s but one of the many attractions and experiences coming to the Orlando theme parks this year. Check out the list that Tad made so we can all stay in the loop!
That’s all for this week. Until next week, happy planning!