It’s time for the Frog Family’s weekly roundup of Disney and Orlando theme park tidbits from the interwebs.
We love comments! Drop us a line below if you have something to share.
This week’s highlights:
- My personal highlight of the week — beyond presenting Mommy Frog with a humongous bouquet of lilies (her favorite) — was seeing photos of the 50 couples who renewed their vows at Cinderella Castle, including one pair who had gotten engaged in Magic Kingdom 10 years ago this month.
- Not to be outdone in the Valentine’s department, Lily surprised Tad with a hand-made Mickey Mouse card from our friend Steph at Crafting in the Rain. His response was priceless.
- Madagascar Live! Operation: Vacation, a live-action musical starring the wild and woolly zoo animals of the super successful “Madagascar” movies, is coming to Busch Gardens Tampa Bay.
- Orlando Informer took a look at the gluten-free menu options at Mythos in Islands of Adventure, one of the best-themed restaurants of all the Orlando theme parks.
- The Disney Parks Blog paid homage to the glorious chocolate trees that are in bloom at the Land Pavillion inside Epcot.
- Club Penguin has released its first music EP, following in the footsteps of World of Warcraft and Moshi Monsters.
- Ready to run for your life? Registration opened this week for ‘The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler Weekend’ coming up in October.
- Ed Roland of Collective Soul and Taylor Dayne are headlining the Velvet Sessions in February and March respectively at Universal Orlando’s Hard Rock Hotel.
- Tad brought us video from Universal’s Mardi Gras festivities, which continue on Saturdays and select nights through April.
- In baby news, SeaWorld San Diego welcomed an orca calf, weighing in at 300-350 pounds. Despite the 18-month gestation, mommy orca Kasatka only spent an hour in labor.
That’s all for this week. Until next week, happy planning!