Disney & Parks News: Renderings Released for California Grill; More Dishes Revealed for Epcot Flower Festival
It’s time for the Frog Family’s weekly roundup of Disney and Orlando theme park tidbits from the interwebs.
We love comments! Drop us a line below if you have something to share.
This week’s highlights:
- California Grill today begins a lengthy refurbishment until late summer. While we know many of you with upcoming trips will miss this signature restaurant, which boasts panoramic views from atop the Contemporary, it will return with new decor, a new menu and a new kitchen. Here’s a sneak peek at some of the new dishes. And get a look at the renderings of the coming dining room, which will feature a wall of wines and an onstage kitchen.
- Theme Park Foodie took the new Unlimited Coke Freestyle refillable cups at Universal Orlando for a test drive and shares her thoughts about whether these RFID-enabled souvenir cups are worth $10.99.
- Disney has released the lineup of HGTV and DIY network speakers who will be holding sessions at this year’s International Flower & Garden Festival at Epcot®.
- One of the big highlights from last week was Disney’s revelation that food, including a Spiced Rum Dole Whip, would be taking a starring role at the festival. This week, the Disney Food Blog is sharing even more of the menu items and has given us a look at the 12 specialty-themed marketplaces that will be scattered throughout the park.
- A recent Travel Leaders Group survey has revealed Orlando International Airport to be the best airport domestically for people traveling with kids. I can attest that security completely kept their cool even when Lily did not on our last visit after she became “separated” from her plush Minnie in a super packed screening line.
- Behind the Thrills takes a look at progress on various seasonal refurbishments and other ride rehabs, including those at Busch Gardens in Tampa and Magic Kingdom® Park.
- Illuminations reached a milestone this week, celebrating its 25th year at Epcot®. As we mentioned in yesterday’s Valentine’s Day post, Illuminations: Reflections of Earth is the Frog Family’s favorite fireworks show.
- Walt Disney Studios is set to produce a live-action movie called “Tomorrowland® Area” written by Damon Lindelof and starring George Clooney. So far, there’s been no confirmation that it’s connected to that Tomorrowland® Area.
- Disney’s Oscar-nominated short film “Paperman” has been released online in its entirety. We caught this sweet, six-minute film before “Wreck-It Ralph” in the theater back in November, and thanks to the amazing animation, even Tad was swept up in this quirky love story!
That’s all for this week. Until next week, happy planning!