It’s time for the Frog Family’s weekly roundup of Disney and Orlando theme park tidbits from the interwebs.
We love comments! Drop us a line below if you have something to share.
This week’s highlights:
- We’re less than a week away from the start of the Epcot® International Flower & Garden Festival, and we’ve also got all the details on the colorful event that will feature more than 30 million blooms over its 75 days.
- In case you missed it, we posted our lookahead for March yesterday. One of the just-announced events listed there is the St. Patrick’s celebration at Raglan Road at Downtown Disney. Count yourself among the lucky if you’ll be able to make it to the Irish festivities, which will be spread over not one — but two — weekends.
- Disney is commemorating the film “Oz The Great and Powerful,” which opens March 8, with select merchandise in the parks, including these Vinylmation sets.
- MiceChat went behind the scenes at Disney World’s super top secret Park Event Operations, which oversees decorating and providing props for temporary special events.
- There was some speculation this week that the Orlando mayor may have inadvertently given away the launch date for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion at Universal Orlando in his State of the City speech.
- While Universal did not confirm the Potter opening date, we do know reservations can be made now for one of Universal’s biggest openings in 2014 — the Cabana Bay Beach Resort.
- Orlando Informer got a first-hand account of what it’s like to be a “float rider” at Universal’s Mardi Gras. Float riding sounds kind of like body surfing or pond hopping — it just seems like fun!
- Speaking of fun, guest blogger Liliane Opsomer looked like she had the time of her life running in the Mickey and Minnie Mouse Royal Family 5k at Epcot® this past weekend. Mommy Frog was so taken with Liliane’s tale that she is planning on bejeweling her own running shoes this weekend — just for inspiration!
That’s all for this week. Until next week, happy planning!