It’s time for the Frog Family’s weekly roundup of Disney and Orlando theme park tidbits from the interwebs.
We love comments! Drop us a line below if you have something to share.
This week’s highlights:
- The much-anticipated opening of the Rapunzel bathrooms at Magic Kingdom happened this morning. Here is a pic of the fantastically Tangled-themed area!
- Epcot’s International Flower & Garden Festival opened this week to much fanfare, especially with the arrival of the garden marketplaces. The Orlando Sentinel took the opening as an opportunity to do a little comparison to Epcot’s sister festival, Food & Wine, and of course, dished on the food offerings.
- Speaking of food, Disney is offering Flower & Garden-themed mini gift cards that will make it much easier to visit those marketplace kiosks. The mini card has all the functionality of a regular gift card, but you can wear it on your wrist — no need to fumble for your wallet. For the budget conscious — that’s us! — we like being able to set a spending limit in advance.
- While you can’t purchase it yet, on display at the festival is the brand new collection of Disney-inspired handbags and accessories from Vera Bradley. Here’s a look at the Mickey and Minnie-inspired patterns that will appear on items this fall.
- Last bit of Flower & Garden news I swear, but Mommy Frog and I got a real kick out of watching what happens when a Captain Hook topiary comes to life!
- This Saturday, LEGOLAND’s Water Park reopens for the season. If you want to have fun in the park AND stay cool, we recommend the LEGOLAND & Water Park Combo ticket! We’re selling single and two-day tickets.
- Earlier this week, LEGOLAND Florida released a new ‘teaser’ video about the theme of its coming land. I made Tad watch it last night (after his homework was done), and he was indeed intrigued by the mystery energy source. His unofficial guess — as well as a few others’ — is that it’s going to be based on the Legends of Chima.
- One Florida TV news station went inside the secret planning room for SeaWorld’s Antarctica, digging up new details about the coming combination penguin exhibit and attraction.
- We mentioned last week that Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort, which is set to open next year, is accepting reservations. This week, Orlando Informer got a few more details about the resort. One is that it’s going to have its own bowling alley!
- Behind the Thrills went inside Supply Vault, the Transformers gift shop that has opened inside Universal Studios ahead of the coming 3-D ride, to check out the wares.
- As mentioned in Tad’s post on all the experiences coming to the theme parks in 2013, the Kinsey Collection opens today at Epcot. The Disney Parks Blog has a behind-the-scenes look at the exhibit, which celebrates 400 years of African-American achievement.
That’s all for this week. Until next week, happy planning!