The month of April sees abundant sunshine, medium crowds (at least after the first of the month) and plenty of special events, making it an excellent time to visit the parks if you can swing a trip!
The beginning of the month sees the heaviest crowds, thanks to the end of spring break and Easter. If you’re visiting during this time, check out our survival guide. After the first week of the month, crowds generally drop down to medium crowd levels with a few exceptions, April 7 and 11-14. Those of you visiting during the first of the month and these days will want to take advantage of our wait-time apps. Getting to the park before opening is always a good idea, but it’s even more crucial when crowd levels are high.
Best days of the month to visit (and recommended parks)
- April 23 (Magic Kingdom® Park, Disney’s Hollywood Studios®, Universal Studios)
- April 24 (Epcot®, Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure)
- April 25 (Epcot®, Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park)
Check the crowd calendar to see recommended days for the whole month and beyond.
Magic Kingdom® Park and New Fantasyland™
Understandably, many people are making New Fantasyland™ their first stop in Magic Kingdom® Park, and even at opening it’s quite common to find a 45-minute wait for Enchanted Tales with Belle (here are details about it and the other New Fantasyland™ attractions). There is no Fastpass for this attraction, so if it’s a priority, your best bet is to hop over first thing at park opening. If you arrive and find a line less than 45 minutes, do this first and then Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid and Ariel’s Grotto. If you find the line more than 45 minutes, head to Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid and Ariel’s Grotto, because after the opening “rush,” Enchanted Tales with Belle sees a slight dip between 10 a.m. and noon on most days and won’t see lower wait times again until late afternoon and evening.
Closings and Refurbishments
At Magic Kingdom® Park, Mad Tea Party has a refurbishment for most of April. Fountain View Ice Cream Shop in Epcot® closes April 7 for its conversion to a Starbucks location. At Disney’s Hollywood Studios®, Pixar Pals Countdown to Fun Parade and Disney Channel Rocks have their final performances April 6. For more details and a list of all refurbishments, check our closings page.
Temperatures are on the rise in April, with an average high of 83 and a low of 60. There will be plenty of warm days and very low rainfall chances, so don’t forget the swimsuits. You might still need a jacket for the evenings and mornings. Here is the packing list for this time of year.
- Mardi Gras at Universal Orlando continues Saturdays and select days through April 20. Highlights of the special event include the Mardi Gras parade through the park and the live concerts. April performers are Kool & The Gang, Pitbull and The All-American Rejects.
- Not to be missed, SeaWorld Orlando and Busch Gardens Tampa’s Viva La Musica pairs Latin cuisine and concerts inside the parks on weekends starting April 13. Daddy Yankee, Ednita Nazario and El Gran Combo are among the performers.
- Epcot® International Flower & Garden Festival runs daily through May. Among this year’s highlights are the brand-new garden marketplaces, which offer themed eats and drinks, as well as an interactive play area and midway-style games based on the “Oz The Great and Powerful” film.
Will you be visiting in April? Let us know what you are planning!