It’s time for the Frog Family’s weekly roundup of Disney and Orlando theme park tidbits from the interwebs.
We love comments! Drop us a line below if you have something to share.
This week’s highlights:
It’s not yet summer, but for those of you who are looking forward to the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival this fall, it’s time to pencil in Aug. 13 as the day reservations open for premium events. These are additional-cost special events, such as the brand new Scotland, Land of Food And Drink and reserved seating for the ever-popular Party for the Senses. Yep, Mommy Frog has already added it to the Frog Family’s calendar! Will any of you be booking premium events for the festival, or have you in the past? What was your favorite experience? Share in comments below!
- Busch Gardens Tampa Bay has announced the 2013 dates for Howl-O-Scream, a separately ticketed event that includes a number of haunted houses within the park.
- June is the anniversary month of the Main Street Electrical Parade, and to mark the occasion, Disney will be releasing a limited-edition set of ear hat ornaments in August.
- SeaWorld announced its upcoming 50th celebration — which will kick off March 21, 2014. The Sea of Surprises will feature new interactive experiences, new shows and daily entertainment, more up-close animal encounters throughout the park, and a Surprise Squad treating guests with prizes every day.
- I always love a good dessert, especially if it’s chocolate, so I was really excited to see this chocolate soufflé recipe from Palo, one of the Disney Cruise Line’s signature specialty restaurants. It would be a perfect Father’s Day treat — just sayin’ .
- In more Father’s Day news, Kenny the siamang was voted father of the year at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. He has been raising his twin daughters, Veruca and Violet, since they were a couple of months old. Do I hear a collective “awwwwwww?”
The Orlando Sentinel has done a nice piece exploring the logistics of building Transformers at Universal Studios. This MEGA ride, which officially opens next week, had to be constructed in a small space.
- And for those of you who will be preparing to do battle this summer, Orlando Informer shares a primer on the international phenom that is Transformers.
That’s all for this week. Until next week, happy planning!