Home » Blog » Disney Crafts & Fun Stuff » Which ‘Monsters’ Character Do You Most Resemble?

Which ‘Monsters’ Character Do You Most Resemble?

by Mommy Frog on June 20, 2013 · 31 Comments · in Disney Crafts & Fun Stuff

Update: Jennifer F. was the winner of our T-shirts giveaway!

With the opening of “Monsters University,” we’re officially declaring this Friday a Frog Family holiday.

For the last few months, Disney has been promoting its Monstrous Summer in coordination with the movie’s launch, and perhaps it has swayed some of you to see the movie and maybe even some of you are making a trip to Walt Disney World this summer to meet Mike and Sulley in person! I know we can’t possibly be the only Monsters fans, because they were out in force at the Magic Kingdom® Park’s All-Nighter (the kickoff to the Monstrous Summer).

monsterfans

As much fun as we had at the All-Nighter, we can’t wait to see the “Monsters Inc.” prequel, because we love the original. I can’t speak for Leap, but “Monsters Inc.” is my ALL-TIME favorite Disney movie! And it’s not because it was one of the first “kids movies” I took Tad to when he was a baby (even though it was), and it’s not because of its sweet and funny storyline.  It’s because I truly related to the characters — even though they were all mostly a bunch of monsters.

mikewazowski

Indeed, I think we’ve all known a few Sulleys and Mike Wazowskis, right? Maybe even a Randall? Maybe you’re the Randall? Nah, you all are too nice :)

I don’t usually talk about this — but in the Frog household, everyone calls me Roz. If you don’t remember Roz (How could you not remember the undercover head of the Child Detection Agency posing as Mike Wazowski’s boss?), perhaps this friendly exchange might ring a bell:

Mike: Good morning, Roz, my succulent little garden snail. And who will we be scaring today?
Roz: Wazowski! You didn’t file your paperwork last night.
Mike: Oh, that darn paperwork! Wouldn’t it be easier if it all just blew away?
Roz: Don’t let it happen again.
Mike: Yes, well, I’ll try to be more careful next time.
Roz: I’m watching you, Wazowski. Always watching. Always.

After years of Tad and Leap calling me Roz, I have come to see it as a term of endearment. After all, I do keep the whole household running so efficiently :)

Thanks to all of this Monstrous promotion going on, I finally have my own mini-Roz. Leap picked it up for me on a recent trip to the Disney Store with Lily. She sits on my filing cabinet and brings a smile to my face every time I see her.  And she reminds me to file the paperwork. Not that I would forget.

roz

I can’t possibly be the only Roz out there. Surely, some of you embody her lovely attributes. Or maybe you’re the lovely Celia (that’s Celia-Wilia for all of you Sulleys).

Guests-with-Sulley-HatIn honor of the official Frog Family holiday, we want to know which Monsters character you most resemble and why? Share in comments below! And as a special surprise, we’ll give one commenter who posts before Monday, June 24,  four Undercover Tourist T-shirts.*

Related: Up All Night — The Start of a Monstrous Summer at Disney World

Related: Highlights from Disney’s Monstrous Summer All Nighter at Magic Kingdom® Park

Hoppy Holiday!
– Mommy Frog a k a Roz

* Commenters have until 9 a.m. Central Standard Time on Monday, June 24 to make a comment. Entrants will be chosen randomly. Open to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia (except residents of Rhode Island, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands and U.S. Military installations located in a foreign country).

31 Responses to “Which ‘Monsters’ Character Do You Most Resemble?”

1. amanda ables says:

I think I mostly resemble Celia. Hopelessly in love with my husband (who is actually like mike quite a bit) and tend to get a little testy when ignored by him. lol

Amanda,

I love Celia … especially her hair, which of course, has its own personality!! Hehe.

– Mommy Frog

2. Lyndi says:

I probably most resemble Roz as well. I’m sure my family thinks so. ;) But my youngest daughter definitely resembles Boo. In fact, that’s our nickname for her!

3. Cathy says:

I would say I’m most like Mike. Not the most popular or best, but a really good friend to those who need me.

4. Julie Isbell says:

I guess I resemble Roz! She cracks me up!

5. Connor says:

Im probably most like sulley because I seem tall and scary when really im a genuine, friendly guy :D

6. Rissa says:

For sure Roz!! We can’t wait to get to Disney next week so Mike can wake us up every morning!

7. Tamara Botzum says:

With my glasses, my morning voice screaming for coffee and slight pouch in my belly, I would have to say on some mornings, I sure resemble Roz. Until I have my coffee, my humor levels are at zero. Then after my coffee, it’s still best to stay on my good side, if ya know what I mean!

8. Walter says:

My wife calls me Sully !

9. Tracy Mathews says:

I think I am most like Sulley!! A friendly sweet cuddley monster! :)

10. nancy Ramm says:

I would resemble Mike the most even though he is a boy because I am carefree like him.

11. Robert says:

I’d say I’m Sully because I’m big and intimidating, but have a heart of gold when you get to know me.

12. Gina says:

I was thinking Roz before reading your post, but I’ve come to the conclusion that I am a female Sully. I tend to let my heart and conscience guide my actions and I am usually having to make amends for something I have said or done. I really relate to when Sully gives the scare lesson just to shut Mr. Waternoose up and then tries to reassure Boo that he is not like that, it’s just his job. I’ve had a moment or two like that in my life.

13. Jennifer says:

I’m totally a Roz too! I even practice her laugh!! Thanks for the blog post!

14. April Adkins says:

I would be most like Roz. I’m not an old lady but some days I feel grouchy and by body aches like an old lady.

15. Randy Smith says:

I guess I identify with Sully the most. Big, huggable, and a fun guy to have around. He has more hair than I do though.

16. Michelle B. says:

I’m thinking Celia. I’m rather optimistic and upbeat, rarely flustered and totally in love with my short, slightly chubby guy!

17. Michele says:

I’m going to throw an obscure Monster reference in there for this answer. Ms. Flint – the monster responsible for training new monsters. I do a lot of training in my job and have probably looked a lot like Ms. Flint (hair and all) when I’ve received answers to questions on par with the ones she gets from Bile (when he leaves the door open in the training room).

18. Robin says:

I would have to say Roz for me too. I love her sarcasm and her laugh and when I hear the laugh, it always makes me suddenly do it. My oldest daughter when she was little reminded me of boo as she had dark hair and big eyes. She got called that by a guy in the grocery store. My husband reminds me of Mike with his comedy and way of always making me laugh.

19. Debi Murray says:

Oh, I am definitely Roz. Sarcastic, straight faced deliverer of wise-cracks. I have to get one of those mini-Roz characters for my desk. I loved that movie! Can’t wait to see Monsters2 in the theater!

20. Nikki says:

I’m going to say Roz…..there are days I feel older than I am and grouchy! lol

21. Brooke says:

Roz at home, Mike on my way to DW, and Boo when I’m at DW! :)

22. Kayla Starrett says:

I would say that I am most like Roz…I may get a little grouchy sometimes!

23. Brian says:

I’m definitely a Sully.

24. Kathy Poche says:

I’m definitely Roz!! Because I can’t be charmed and I’m a stickler for making sure everything is done as it is suppose to be!

25. JK Hoyle says:

Well I have to say my large scary-looking-but-really-a-mush-ball bullmastiff mix Sully [sic] most resembles …. SULLEY, of course. I actually named him for Sulley when I adopted him from the local shelter. He just looked so scary that folks kept passing him by without a second glance. But boy am I glad I stopped and talked to him – he’s a terrific, lovable fellow. My very own…Sully

Hey JK,

We’d love to see your Sulley! Send a pic to frog (at) undercovertourist.com.

– Mommy Frog

26. Pam Shoot says:

I am most like a member of the child detection ageny. Those guys are efficient and swift!

27. Kristin says:

Definitely Roz.

28. Becky says:

After watching MU I would say I share Randalls shyness and insecurity just not desperate enough to hang with cool jerks I’m happy with a few friends. MI wise I’m grumpy and have a bad temper . Like Mike I have hopes of fullfilling my big dream. With Sully I’m kind and friendly at least when in a decent mood. Remember when Mike said Randall creeps him out well I creep people out too XD