Updated: February 4, 2013
Now that we’re more than half way through 2013, we thought it was a good time to start looking at what’s coming to Disney World and all of the Orlando theme parks in 2014. We know many of you are already in the midst of planning your 2014 trips to the Walt Disney World Resort, Universal Orlando and SeaWorld, so we wanted to let you know about of all the new attractions, events and experiences coming to the parks.
This is one of my favorite topics, because I love looking forward to all of the great things we can experience, and I love being able to share this with you … almost as much as I love sharing my videos on our YouTube channel!
Now, don’t think these are the only new things happening next year, because there will be even more great things announced … and we will post them all here!
Special Note: Only brand-new experiences are listed here. You’ll find recurring events on our When to Visit page under Special Events & Holiday. It’s also a good time to mention that since 2013 isn’t over with yet, there are still more new things coming to the parks this year that don’t even have dates yet!
With that, let’s hop ahead to next year!
- Sometime in the spring, Disney will debut a brand-new daytime parade, replacing Celebrate A Dream Come True in Magic Kingdom. The Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade will celebrate New Fantasyland right on Main Street U.S.A., with new floats, vibrant costumes and a new soundtrack. It will pay homage to Disney film favorites, including “The Little Mermaid,” “Sleeping Beauty,” “Peter Pan,” “Tangled” and “Brave.”
- Falcon’s Fury, a drop tower that will have guests rising 300 feet into the air before diving like a bird of prey, is coming to Busch Gardens Tampa Bay this spring. Unlike most drop towers that leave guests in a seated position before the big plummet, Falcon’s Fury will pivot them 90 degrees into a “daring dive position” before plunging them 60 mph down to where they started.
- Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort, a brand new, 1,800-room hotel, is already booking reservations for stays beginning March 31, 2014. The hotel is themed after 50s and 60s iconic beach resorts and will feature family suites as well as a retro, 10-lane bowling alley, two main pools and a lazy river. While guests will enjoy early theme park admission, they will not receive complimentary Universal Express Unlimited ride access unlike the other Universal hotels.
- Sofia the First and Doc McStuffins are joining the character dining experience Disney Jr. Play ‘n’ Dine at Hollywood & Vine on Jan. 26.
- Disney’s final attraction in New Fantasyland will come to life sometime in the spring! The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train will be a family coaster that will transport guests through the mine where the Seven Dwarfs spend their days digging for gems, and will feature the music and characters from the Disney classic “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.”
- Busch Gardens Tampa Bay is adding a 300-foot drop tower with a twist. Falcon’s Fury will take guests up high in the air, pivot them 90 degrees in a “daring dive position” before plunging them 60 mph back to where they started.
- MyMAGIC+ and FASTPASS+ are perhaps the biggest experiences of Walt Disney World this year. These new initiatives aimed at enhancing the user experience have been steadily rolling out in test, with a full rollout now expected for 2014. The centerpiece of MyMAGIC+ is the MagicBands, RFID bracelets that will serve as tickets and room keys, similar to the existing Keys to the World card. Guests would be able to use these “MagicBands” to make purchases in the parks as well as interfacing with FASTPASS+ kiosks and PHOTOPASS by simply touching their band to one of the RFID devices.
We’ve already devoted a few posts to this technology that are worth checking out:
- A new waterfront eatery was planned for Morocco in Epcot’s World Showcase by year’s end and now will be in early 2014. Spice Road Table will feature small plates and beverages, and will include indoor and outdoor seating.
- Without a doubt, the biggest unveiling of 2014 is also the one shrouded in the most mystery. While Universal Orlando has announced The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley, there are still more tantalizing details to be revealed, including the shops, restaurant and marquee attraction based on Gringotts bank. The new area will be centered around Harry Potter’s London and will be built in Universal Studios across from the existing Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Islands of Adventure. Guests will be able to travel between ‘London’ and Hogsmeade aboard the Hogwarts Express.
- Aquatica will debut the tallest, steepest, multi-slide water ride some time in 2014. The drop slide named Ihu’s Breakaway Falls will be 100-feet-tall.
Who’s excited now? What’s coming to Disney World in 2014 that you’re most looking forward to? Share your thoughts below!
Related: Special Events at Walt Disney World
Related: Special Events at Universal Orlando