It’s time for the Frog Family’s weekly roundup of Disney and Orlando theme park tidbits from the interwebs.
We love comments! Drop us a line below if you have something to share.
This week’s highlights:
The Disney Parks Blog confirmed what we surmised less than two weeks ago: Princess Fairytale Hall will open Sept. 18 in Magic Kingdom. As we mentioned, guests will be able to meet with either Cinderella or Rapunzel, each of whom will be joined by another Disney princess. Anyone excited?
Fountain View in Epcot reopened this week as a second location in the Walt Disney World Resort serving up Starbucks (Main Street Bakery in Magic Kingdom was the first). The former Future World ice cream parlor (say that five times fast), which received a sleek makeover during its refurb, now serves up Starbucks lattes and an assortment of Disney treats. There are even more Starbucks planned at Disney World, including one just announced for Downtown Disney.
- Club 33, the uber-exclusive Disneyland restaurant located in New Orleans Square, is closing in January for an imagineering-led expansion that will see a re-opening sometime next summer.
- In more food news, California Grill, which sits atop Disney’s Contemporary Resort and is a favorite spot for watching the Magic Kingdom fireworks, is set to reopen next week.
- Prince Eric’s Village Market opened yesterday in New Fantasyland, bringing more healthy options to the Magic Kingdom. The Disney Parks Blog gave us a rundown of other places to pick up “better for you” foods at the Walt Disney World Resort.
- Disney and Universal both play host this weekend to Christian music events, Night of Joy and Rock the Universe respectively. The Orlando Sentinel talked with two of this year’s performers about their music and mission.
- Just in time for Halloween, a Haunted Mansion-inspired Dooney & Bourne is headed to the parks. Mommy Frog took one look at the handbag and asked me if it could be her Halloween treat!
- We know a few of you are wondering who the lucky winner is from the Undercover Tourist of the Month Contest for August. We’re hoping to make an announcement soon! In the meantime, feel free to send in your theme park Top 5 Lists for this month’s contest, and you could win a $250 credit.
- Something verrrryyyy tall is coming to Aquatica Orlando in 2014. What could it be? Send us your guesses.
- SeaWorld Orlando’s Halloween Spooktacular is back for another season, with its “fantasea” of fun trick-or-treating for the youngsters and a brand new Spooktacular Dance Party with Princess Penelope and her undersea friends! Wondering how Halloween Spooktacular stacks up next to Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party in terms of the candy? Check out this most-awesome post from last year’s events.
That’s all for this week. Until next week, happy planning!