Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting news surrounding Disney and the Orlando theme parks. Oh, and a little bit of personal Frog Family news. Mommy Frog has taken over the weekly roundup! Yes, she is much more into the food, dining and shopping than I am and she asked me if she could bring her voice to it.
This week’s highlights:
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa have officially opened, and I have only one word: Fancy! OK, maybe I have a few more words … Grand! … Opulent! I guess I could on and on, but I will say that these deluxe studio, and 1- and 2-bedroom villas are the most luxurious digs we’ve seen at the Walt Disney World Resort.
- Can I also just say that I loooovvvvvveeeeed Minnie’s outfit at the official opening ceremonies for the villas? I realize that she probably has her own stylist and all, but she was perfectly polished in a cream and Christmas-tree green dress suit.
- And there is big news this week regarding her pal Mickey, who is talking to guests who visit Backstage Magic with Mickey Mouse at Magic Kingdom Park. Magician Mickey is meeting daily at Town Square Theatre, but there may be occasions where he may be “saving his voice.”
- We’ve mentioned previously that Aquatica Orlando is working on something very tall, but SeaWorld’s waterpark gave us another tease with the release of a new video about the coming attraction with a BIG drop!
- Just in time for the holidays, the Jungle Cruise will become the Jingle Cruise starting this November, with a seasonal storyline and some holiday jokes.
- And speaking of the holidays, over on the West Coast, Disney California Adventure Park is getting a little help from Pixar to bring ‘Toy Story Nutcracker’ to life in “World of Color – Winter Dreams.” Tad is begging me to go see it!
- Just a quick reminder that you still have time to enter our monthly contest for October for a chance to win $250.
- A couple of Downtown Disney updates for you. First off, valet parking has been added to the West Side. While regular parking is free, I know that we all love a little convenience, especially me when I’m heading to one of my very favorite shopping and dining destinations.
- The other news from Downtown Disney is that during the upcoming Festival of the Masters, Nov. 8-10, a number of dining locations are debuting “artistic cocktails” as part of “Mixers and Masters,” including the Pinkberry Martini from Wolfgang Puck Cafe.
- Last, but certainly not least, Mice Chat posted pics showing some new details visible at the construction site for The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley, which will open some time in 2014. Tad and Leap are especially excited about the Potter expansion, and we cannot wait to hop on over once it’s open!
That’s all for this week. Have a great weekend!
If you’re thinking about a trip to Disney World, make sure to check out the other news, tips and information we post to the blog throughout the week. If you’re ready to plan your trip, we recommend you start with our planning pages.
— Mommy Frog