Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting news surrounding Disney and the Orlando theme parks.
This week’s highlights:
- The Walt Disney World Resort reached a major milestone this week — the resort’s parks are now turnstile free! Ahead of the full rollout of MyMagic+ (it’s still in testing), guests now enter the parks using the touch-to-enter RFID readers.
- A new land will be rising up in Busch Gardens Tampa Bay along with Falcon’s Fury when it opens in spring 2014. Pantopia, in the site of Timbuktu, will be inspired by centuries of world travelers.
- SeaWorld Orlando announced the lineup for Bands, Brew & BBQ in 2014. Willie Nelson will kick off the series that runs through February and March on Feb. 1.
- Disney’s “Frozen” opened this week in theaters to overwhelmingly positive reviews, and the Frog Family gives it two thumbs up! Lily especially loved Anna and Elsa, but I have to say Olaf — the friendly snowman — steals the show.
- Ahead of the opening, Epcot has opened a “Frozen”-inspired gallery in Norway, Norsk Kultur, devoted to Nordic culture.
- Did the Loews Hotels chairman let the cat out of the bag regarding the opening of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley? You’ll have to read to find out.
- Last but not least, you have just one more day to enter our Thanksgiving Pinterest Giveaway for a chance to win a $250 credit toward your next Orlando vacation.
That’s all for this week. Have a great weekend!
If you’re thinking about a trip to Disney World, make sure to check out the other news, tips and information we post to the blog throughout the week. If you’re ready to plan your trip, we recommend you start with our planning pages.
— Mommy Frog