Home » Blog » News & Refurbishments » Our Disney Tickets Are 100% RFID and FastPass+ Enabled

Our Disney Tickets Are 100% RFID and FastPass+ Enabled

In light of the changes this week with Magic Kingdom Park opening up FastPass+ to all guests (and shutting down the legacy FastPass system), we wanted to take a moment to share with you that we are now shipping Disney World RFID tickets that are FastPass+ enabled.

This means you can link your tickets via the My Disney Experience app and website.

Currently during this MyMagic+ testing period, guests staying at the resort can book FastPass+ reservations up to 60 days in advance of their trip for all parks once they have linked their tickets. Guests not staying at the resort can book FastPass+ reservations up to 30 days in advance of their trip. For you hard-core planners who stay at the Disney resorts (and I would count myself in this group), you would likely want to buy your Disney tickets far enough in advance that you could book your FastPass+ selections 60 days out.

Disney World RFID tickets

MagicBands are currently only available to resort guests and will either be shipped directly ahead of your trip or will be given to you at check-in. As a reminder, RFID-enabled tickets offer the same touch-to-enter functionality as MagicBands.

Whether you are a resort guest or a park guest, you are allowed three FastPass+ attraction or entertainment selections per day from any one park.

As we mentioned way back last January when MyMagic+ was officially announcedall Undercover Tourist tickets offer the same functionality as a ticket purchased directly from Disney.

As always, our shipping is free! So let’s get that 2014 vacation started with Disney World RFID and FastPass+ enabled tickets!

Leap

46 Responses to “Our Disney Tickets Are 100% RFID and FastPass+ Enabled”

1. Marisa says:

How do you get unused days back off your magic Bands. I have a 10 day non expiring ticket and I am only using 2 days in FEB.

Hi Marisa,

You won’t need to get them back off the MagicBand. Those unused days will remain on your My Disney Experience account and ready for use the next time you want to visit the park!

– Leap

2. Katie says:

What does RFID stand for?

Thanks!

3. Dave says:

Im confused.

So the RFID tickets i will be purchasing from you will be able to be linked to my disney expirience but i wont be able to schedule the fastpass+ in advance?

Hi Dave,

Currently, the only way to book FastPass+ in advance is if you are staying at a Disney resort. Otherwise, you can book FastPass+ reservations upon your arrival in the two parks that are currently open to all guests (Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Animal Kingdom).

Best,

4. Andrea says:

We have MagicBands from a trip this past October, but will be staying off-site in March. Can we re-use our MagicBands if we link our tickets through My Disney Experience?

Good question, Andrea!

Has anyone been able to re-use MagicBands when they were off-site?

–Leap

5. Cheryl says:

Okay, I am confused after reading the previous comments and the blog article. You replied above:
    “Hi Dave,
    Best,
    Leap”

Is that the rules right now and they will be changing??? I called today and inquired about this and was told that “Yes, if I was staying off site I could still link the tickets that I would purchase from UT to my disney experience acct to book FastPass+ reservations.” But, that is not what you replied above. Just trying to clarify so I am not expecting one thing and then not able to do it. If it is a rule that is expected to change when do you think it will be changing?
    Thank you so much for your help!!!

Hi Cheryl,

It is true now that you can link your tickets from UCT to your My Disney Experience account.

The only difference currently (MyMagic+ is still in testing) is that you must be a resort guest to book FastPass+ reservations 60 days in advance. If you are not a resort guest, you are only able to make day-of reservations (expected to be available for all four parks by the end of this week, but currently available at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Hollywood Studios).

It’s possible that very soon once the testing is complete, park guests will be able to make reservations further in advance of their trips, but currently that is not how it works. We will let you know as soon as more information is available!

– Leap

6. cwhitley says:

is the park hopper ticket included in the FAst pass +? it says magic your way is…thanks

Hi Cyndi,

Park Hoppers are eligible for FastPass+, but only at one park per day. So if you were visiting Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Hollywood Studios on one day, you would only be able to use your three FastPass+ selections at one of those parks.

Best,

7. Sara says:

Hi,

If I am staying off site ( aready booked prior to realising what the new changes meant) can I use the My Experience first thing on the morning of my visit prior to arriving at the park?
    Thanks
    Sara

Hi Sara,

Yes, once you arrive in the park, you can book your FastPass+ reservations. We’ll have more tips and strategy this week on incorporating FP+ in the parks, so stay tuned!

LEap

8. Katrina says:

Hi,
    We purchased four 4 day tickets from Undercover Tourist in November, before the FastPass+ was officially in use– can we register our tickets on the Disney app? Will we be using the same FastPass system at the park?

Hey Katrina,

Yes, you can register your tickets via My Disney Experience (we recommend using the app and scanning your ticket rather than keying in the number by hand) and will be using the new FastPass+ system in the park.

9. Jen says:

I have non expiring park hopper tickets that I purchased from you about 2 years ago. I have reservations to stay at a WDW resort in July 2014. How do I get my tickets converted to the bands?
    Thank you!

Jen,

To receive MagicBands, you would need to create a My Disney Experience account and link your upcoming resort reservation and tickets. You then should receive instructions on customizing MagicBands. When you arrive at check-in, your MagicBands would then serve as your tickets, room key and charge card (similar to the old Keys to the World cards).

Please contact our customer service directly if you have more questions at 1-800-846-1302!

10. Alain says:

If I buy ticket from UCT and linked them to my MagicBands, will I be able to get into the park with just my MagicBand, or will I have to carry the RFID tickets too ?

Thanks

Hi Alain,

If you are staying on property and have MagicBands, then they will replace the RFID tickets (assuming you have linked the tickets in My Disney Experience). That said, we would still recommend carrying the tickets with you as backup in the parks.

11. Jann says:

I have magic ands and have already scheduled fast pass+ reservations for our trip in March! I have a child joining us from outside the park( not staying in resort) that I already purchased and received ticket from undercover tourist! Can I link that Tx with our resort bands??? Thanks

Hi Jann,

Yes, just add the ticket in My Disney Experience.

• Emmetta says:

So, if an additional ticket is added in My Experience, will the additional ticket pick-up the existing FastPass reservations for other tickets? If so, is there a limit to the number of additional tickets or any other restrictions?

Emmetta,

This is a good question, and I am not certain how it would work if you added a ticket after an existing reservation has been made. Anyone else have experience with this?

Best,

12. Stephen says:

For my next Disney trip we are staying on Disney property for the first 4 days and 7 days off site. Will I have an issue linking tickets to the magic band once I no longer am a Disney resort guest?

Hi Stephen,

You should be able to continue to use your Magic Band after your stay at the Disney resort.

13. Paul Barger says:

I will be going to WDW in June, I am getting tickets from you per Mousesavers suggestion. I am reading about RFID’s I am staying at the Doubletree Downtown Disney. They are not a Disney resort hotel but they offer pretty much the same deals as Disney Resorts. Will I still receive the bracelets and get the same perks?

Thanks Paul

Hi Paul,

Because MyMagic+ is still in testing, many of the features of the new system are still being rolled out to guests. It’s possible that Disney would offer some benefits to partner hotels, but at this time, MagicBands and advance FastPass+ reservations are only available to resort guests and annual passholders.

Best,

14. Bev says:

I live in the UK, am I able to purchase tickets from Undercover Tourist or are they just for USA residents?

15. Kimberly says:

I just ordered tickets from UT and have a quick question. When booking Fastpass+ the day of, how is this done? Do you have to report directly to the ride you wish to go on, or is there a particular location?
    Thank you.

16. Samantha says:

If I buy tickets from this website and we are staying at the park will I get magic bands? My family really wants these?

17. EggHead says:

I have old tickets from a few years back, non-expiring. How do I use those with the FP+ system?

Hi EggHead,

I would suggest trying to link the tickets using the My Disney Experience app, which has a scanning feature. If the ticket is accepted and you are staying at a Disney resort, then you would be able to make advance FastPass+ reservations. Feel free to contact our customer service at 1-800-846-1300 or email info@undercovertourist.com.

18. Eagles says:

I’m concerned about the environmental impact of the RFID bands. We stay at WDW resorts a few times a year. We received the bands on our last visit over New Year’s. We were disappointed to learn the bands were not reusable on future trips and they are not recycled and reused by WDW.

Are there plans to change this, or are filling up the landfills with these bands after each trip?

19. Stacy says:

When buying WDW park tix from UT and linking them to My Disney Experience is one then able to call Disney directly and have the dining plan added to their reservation?

20. Dawn says:

We are going to WDW in October and plan to buy tickets from UCT for the visit. Is there a way to link the MagicBands we received from our visit in February when we stayed on property? We plan to stay offsite for the first 5 days and onsite for the last 2.

Hi Dawn,

It’s possible the MagicBands from your last visit would work, but we do not know for sure. It’s also possible that the MagicBands you receive for your upcoming stay would work. I wish we could tell you for sure, but with the service still being in testing, we just don’t know.

Best,

21. Marisa says:

Sorry, I should have came back sooner and reported about my ticket. I had the non-expiring 10 day ticket with the Fun and More options on my ticket. When I transferred my numbers on the My Magic Website to my reservations, the Fun and More options did not transfer, nor show up on their computer. We went to Fantasia Golf course, it did not show up on my Magic Band. Luckily I had my old ticket along.

A CM that used to work in Customer Service at DtD now works at Fantasia and she knew what I was talking about. She told her supervisor how to change my ticket and get all my Fun and More options to show up on my Magic Band. She told me if I have any left after our trip, I will have to go to Customer Service and get them on again when we return to WDW.

22. kim says:

I spoke to someone at Disney World this morning and they told me that I could buy tickets from you and link them to my experience. They also told me that I could book fastpass+ for rides and characters using your ticket 60 days in advance. Is this true. Because I was originally told that I had to be staying on park or buy their tickets. I was told that any ticket purchased to get into the parks could be done online. Other wise some of the fastpass+ may be sold out early

Hi Kim,

You can link your tickets to My Disney Experience after you purchase them, BUT at this time, you can book Fastpass+ up to 60 days in advance ONLY if you are staying at a Disney resort. This is true if you buy the tickets from us or Disney direct.

Best,

23. Deb says:

We are staying at Disney Dolphin and their site says we can link our tickets 60 days in advance. I am wondering if we purchase from UCT will we get the wrist bands

Hi Deb,

Unless something has changed very recently, because you are staying at the Dolphin, you will not get a wristband. You can purchase one in the park, though, for $12.95 plus tax. That is strictly optional, however, and our tickets have the same functionality as the wristband.

Best,