Hi there! Welcome to our weekly roundup of the most interesting theme park news around the Walt Disney World Resort, Universal Orlando, SeaWorld Orlando and other theme parks.
This week’s theme park news highlights:
- Urban Farm Eats will be the new addition to the “Outdoor Kitchens” at the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival. The food kiosk will join 10 others around World Showcase and feature Land-Grown Eggplant “Scallop” with Romesco Sauce, Ghost Pepper Dusted Tilapia with Winter Melon Salad and Mango Chutney.
- In addition to the festival food kiosks, the full lineup for the Flower Power Concert series is out. The festival starts March 5 and runs through May 18. Expect more from us on the festival in the coming weeks!
- Progress on the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train continues, with a few more jewels revealed.
- They are certainly popular in our household, and we know Disney’s “Frozen” sisters have quickly become the most popular characters inside Epcot. Starting Feb. 9, Anna and Elsa will begin greeting at 9 a.m. in Norway at Epcot.
- Speaking of “Frozen,” Walt Disney Studios has created a suite inspired by the film at Quebec City’s famed Hôtel de Glace that debuts this weekend and will be on display until March 23. Lily would love it.
- Is this the last week to catch PUSH the Talking Trash Can at Magic Kingdom? We sure hope not .
- As Falcon’s Fury is taking shape at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay, the park is transitioning the land around it into imaginary landscape Pantopia. The new drop ride reached a milestone as its tower was capped, which means the crane used during construction can be taken away.
- Busch Gardens Tampa Bay provided a virtual tour this week of Falcon’s Fury, with plenty of behind-the-scenes photos share on Twitter.
- Super Bowl MVP Malcolm Smith went to Disney World after the Seahawks’ win over the Broncos.
- Tad is positively hopping over the chance to finally see “The Lego Movie.” For those at LEGOLAND Florida this weekend, the park will be celebrating the release with special builds, scavenger hunts and meet-and-greets with movie stars Emmet and Wyldstyle.
That’s it for the theme park news this week. Have a great weekend!
If you’re thinking about a trip to Disney World, make sure to check out the other news, tips and information we post to the blog throughout the week. If you’re ready to plan your trip, we recommend you start with our planning pages.
— Mommy Frog